Tonight, the Storm Area 51, They Can’t Stop All of Us event passed the 1 Million ‘Going’ mark. To me, in part, what this represents is really the idea of a flooding of consciousness about the UFO issue (as well as gov secrecy in general) for our culture. What I mean by that is the very idea, the very notion, or concept OF a mass of people storming ANY location means a kind of tidal wave of awareness ABOUT that place, ABOUT that situation, ABOUT that circumstance.
In terms of a brief and incomplete timeline regarding the popular consciousness of this issue, it all goes down a little something like this:
1. 1947 — A crash or crashes supposedly occur at Roswell, New Mexico. An international media firestorm takes root. The issue is formally dismissed as some kind of misidentification. Then for many years after, near total silence.
2. 1989 — George Knapp helps to break Bob Lazar’s story on the existence of a base less than 20 miles from Area 51 called S-4. Lazar claims to have been hired to back engineer alien craft there. Knapp’s work causes an international sensation, uproar, and inquiry much like the original supposed Roswell crash did. Lazar does a few more interviews over the years, but basically hates the public light, as well as what his exposure of this ‘Black Program’ has done to his life, and goes more or less quiet on the issue.
3. 1994 — Kyle MacLachlan and Martin Sheen star in a TV-movie about the Roswell crash and Area 51 controversy.
4. 1996 — The international blockbuster film Independence Day is released. Which further’s the Area 51 UFO lore. There is no mention of S-4 in the film; nevertheless the Area 51 set acts as a kind of stand in for S-4. Of particularly fascinating note: “According to producer/co-writer Dean Devlin, the U.S. military had agreed to support the film by allowing the crew to film at military bases, consulting the actors who have military roles, etc. However, after learning of the Area 51 references in the script, they withdrew their support.” (IMDB)
5. Dec 10, 2013 — “I think I just became the first president to ever publicly mention Area 51.” President Barack Obama becomes the very first Commander-in-Chief to even admit publicly to the both famous and infamous base’s existence.
6. 2016 — Presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton tells Americans on Jimmy Kimmel Live (viewed by millions) that UFO is not the latest term. “U.A.P. That’s the latest nomenclature,” Clinton states.
7. Dec 2017 — For the first time in history a major UFO/UAP Pentagon research program is declassified — rather than leaked — with Luis Elizondo (OUSDI) and Tom DeLonge as major point-men on spreading the word. Mainstream media finally begins to take the UFO issue very seriously.
8. Dec 2018 — Filmmaker Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell releases Bob Lazar : Area 51 & Flying Saucers, the most significant followup on Area 51, S-4, UFOs and aliens since Lazar’s original 1989 whistleblowing.
9. June 20 2019 — Filmmaker Corbell and Lazar appear on an episode of The Joe Rogan Experience Podcast, attracting over 5.9 Million views in less than a month.
10. Juneish (?) 2019 — I honestly cannot find when the event was first posted, but within a matter of days and weeks a single Facebook half/prank half/decades-long brewing burning desire has manifested into one of the most popular news items and discussion topics of the day; which has been covered by many dozens of news outlets, memes, celebrity-endorsements, and so on and so on……
So, that is what I meant when I said “what this represents is really the idea of a flooding of consciousness about the UFO issue.” Whatever really does go down at the end of September, we will just have to wait and see.
It should be noted that Lazar himself recently made a comment on the event.
“I have to comment on this ‘Storm Area 51’ thing. I do understand it was started as a joke by someone, but there are a number of people who are actually planning on showing up.
“This is a misguided idea. Area 51 is a classified research base. There are no aliens or alien technology located there.
“The only place there was ever any alien technology was at Site S4, south of Area 51 proper. That was 30 years ago.
“S4 may have moved decades ago or it’s possible it’s no longer being used for the project. I do not support this ‘movement’.
“The last time someone tried to get in to Area 51 he was shot. This is not the way to go about trying to get more information.
“What is good, is the interest in the subject — the science and technology. That is what would immediately change the world we live in.”
So, what this event really means to me is that the public is loud-and-clear finally seemingly ready to face the possibly horrifying topic of UFOs and non-human beings. Indeed, the whole world seems ready.
In other words:
“Let’s see them aliens.”
- — — — — — — — — — — — -
If you enjoyed this rant you can let me know on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/oddedges
And read my damning (if not bizarre) article on alien abduction reports and BDSM :D https://medium.com/@eliottedge/alien-abduction-human-bdsm-practice-probably-nsfw-cc324056391